Dominar 250 launched in Nepali market with the price tag of NPR. 489,900 (introductory) but within a couple of weeks the price has been hiked to NPR. 499,900. 250 cc segment is a very competitive segment in Nepali market, as most of the customers nowadays love to have 250 cc segment of a versatile machine to fulfill their daily commuting to occasional long riding. However, because of the availability of many other bikes in the segment, many people may have confusion regarding this newly launched Dominar 250. Furthermore, this bike may not be available for test rides in many places, so in this blog post, I am briefly pointing out some of the strengths (positive) and weaknesses (negative) aspects of this bike.
- Powerful engine: single cylinder, 4 stroke, DOHC, 4 Valve, liquid cooled, twins park fi that produces max power of 27 PS @ 8,500 RPM and max torque of 23.5 NM @ 6,500 RPM
- Engine is very smooth and refined
- Good lower and mid-range power; smooth power delivery that is good for comfortable riding and long riding
- Seat is very comfortable, and enough space for a rider and pillion
- Seating posture is very good and it is upright
- Suspension is soft that handles humps and off-roads quite easily
- Very good sound
- LED headlight and indicators
- Powerful headlight
- Upside down forks in front
- Very good braking feedback, as the front consists of 300mm of disc and rear consists of 230 mm of disc with dual channel abs and slipper clutch
- Very smooth gears
- Missing gears indicators
- Quite low ground clearance
- Bike is very heavy (180 kg) compared to other 250 cc bikes
- Price is NPR. 499,900, as many people have already complaining that the price is high.
These weaknesses may not play decisive role if you get your hand in this little beautiful beast, as the bike truly offers more. I hope this article may help you a little bit while making a decision.